Donorly is currently seeking a Project Director to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is a generalist who has three to five years of fundraising experience, an understanding of annual and campaign management, and strong communication skills.
Donorly is a dynamic, growing consulting firm that works with nonprofit organizations to create and implement strategies that expand fundraising capacity. We focus on serving small and midsized nonprofits–both startups and established organizations–to access the resources that allow them to realize their mission, serve their clients, and make change in the world.
Services include campaign counsel, donor research, interim staffing, design and implementation of fundraising strategy, and board development.
- Partner with consulting team on client projects including in-house counsel, interim staffing, strategic planning, and campaign implementation
- Work with consulting team to cultivate and nurture relationships with client leadership; board members; donors; donor prospects; and key decision-makers at corporations, foundation and government entities
- Partner with consulting team and client leadership to create a strong fundraising message that articulates the organization’s highest priorities, and appeals to potential donors
- Collaborate with clients and consulting team to provide research-based analysis to assist with cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Work with consulting team to support management of day-to-day development activities for client projects, including:
- Prepare solicitation materials; track, invoice and acknowledge gifts
- Assist in identifying potential new prospects for client priorities
- Manage event planning, execution and fundraising
- Coordinate donor research
- Manage database processes
- Implement project evaluation
- Work with team to develop strategies for development presence in all communications and marketing. Oversee the development presence on the website
- Maintain accurate and complete records of donor communications. Prepare regular reports on all campaign activities
- Monitor revenue and expenses related to membership and individual giving; support Senior Development Officer in areas of development reporting.
BACKGROUND, PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES, AND SKILLS
The ideal candidate possesses a cooperative can-do spirit, is customer-service oriented, and is a collaborative team player. Candidates should have expertise in planning and managing multiple projects at one time. Candidates should possess the ability to utilize strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills in interactions with colleagues and clients to realize mutual goals. Experience working closely with high-level decision-makers, board members, and other volunteers is a plus.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. A high level of computer literacy is necessary, including familiarity with Microsoft Office, and CRM software to track and manage donor relationships. Familiarity with Bloomerang is a plus, but not required.
Must have three to five years nonprofit development experience and a Bachelor’s degree. The position is based in New York.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Subject Line: Project Director Search. NO CALLS.