Donorly is currently seeking a Project Associate to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is a generalist who has one to three years of fundraising experience and strong customer service skills.
Donorly is a dynamic, growing consulting firm that works with nonprofit organizations to create and implement strategies that expand fundraising capacity. We focus on serving small and midsized nonprofits–both startups and established organizations–to access the resources that allow them to realize their mission, serve their clients, and make change in the world.
Services include campaign counsel, donor research, interim staffing, design and implementation of fundraising strategy, and board development.
- Partner with consulting team on client projects including in-house counsel, interim staffing, strategic planning, and campaign implementation
- Work with consulting team to cultivate and nurture relationships with client leadership, board members, donor prospects, and key decision-makers at corporations, foundations, and government entities
- Partner with consulting team and client leadership to create a strong fundraising message that articulates the organization’s highest priorities, and appeals to potential donors
- Collaborate with clients and consulting team to provide research-based analysis to assist with cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Work with consulting team to support management of day-to-day development activities for client projects, including:
- Gift processing and acknowledgment
- Support event planning, execution, and fundraising
- Manage database processes
- Responds to initial fundraising inquiries and puts new donors in touch with their appropriate department or officer
- Supports annual renewal processes with manager
- Manages meetings and provides preparation for development officers and senior staff
BACKGROUND, PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
The ideal candidate possesses a cooperative can-do spirit, is customer-service oriented, and is a collaborative team player. Candidates should have expertise in planning and managing multiple projects at one time. Candidates should possess the ability to utilize strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills in interactions with colleagues and clients to realize mutual goals. Experience working closely with high-level decision-makers, board members, and other volunteers is a plus.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. A high level of computer literacy is necessary, including familiarity with Microsoft Office, and CRM software to track and manage donor relationships. Familiarity with Bloomerang is a plus, but not required.
Must have one to three years nonprofit development experience and a Bachelor’s degree. The position is based in New York.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Project Associate Search. NO CALLS.